Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Creating an effective course structure and giving students a smooth flow of course materials is crucial in keeping students informed and on-task. This assignment will cover our recommended content layout using Assignments and Learning Guides, as well as the creation of Modules.
Review the learning objectives outlined below. In your practice course, you should be able to demonstrate competence in all of them. For any objectives that you are not familiar with, access the "Learning Guide" to view relevant content. Additionally, at the end of the learning guide is a video of best practices to consider. If you have questions not covered in the learning guide, post them in the course discussion board, and a member of the OLT will follow up.
- Create a content-rich Assignment and a related Learning Guide Page.
- Create links between these two content pieces to enable easy navigation.
- Explain the rationale behind creating a flow between Assignments and Learning Guides.
- Create a module to connect Pages and Assignments together into a sequence of learning.
- Model Quality Matters standards for alignment. (You may wish to print this out for your use.)
Access the Learning Guide for content related to the objectives listed above.
There are no deliverables for this assignment. Once you feel competent in the learning objectives listed above, you are ready to complete the assignment. To do this, select 'Mark as Done' at the top of the assignment and move on to the next item.