This assignment does not count toward the final grade.
Level 1.3 - Course Materials & Information Assignment
No Due Date
Estimated Time: 25-35 minutes
In this assignment, your goal is to learn the key elements of creating your course pages, syllabi, and files in Canvas. Review the learning objectives outlined below. In your practice course, you should be able to demonstrate competence in all of them. For any objectives that you are not familiar with, access the "Learning Guide" to view relevant content. Additionally, at the end of the learning guide is a video of best practices to consider. If you have questions not covered in the learning guide, post them in the course discussion board, and a member of the OLT will follow up.
- Create a page.
- Set a page as the front page of your course.
- Import a page template from the commons. IMPORTANT: When importing templates from Commons, do not alter the imported template directly. Instead, select the three vertical dots next to the newly imported template and select 'Duplicate' and alter the newly-created copy instead. This will prevent your pages from being overwritten and will allow for easier copying of the imported resource.
- Add a syllabus to your course.
- Upload files into your course.
- Verify accessibility by using the Accessibility Checker.
Access the Learning Guide for content related to the objectives listed above.
There are no deliverables for this assignment. Once you feel competent in the learning objectives listed above, you are ready to complete the assignment. To do this, select 'Mark as Done' at the top of the assignment and move on to the next item.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.